Things I learned this week:
- Kaiser Wilhelm spent a fair bit of time in England as a child, visiting his grandmother. Y’know, Queen Victoria.
- Some people I know really don’t ‘get’ food and nutrition even a little bit. (I was told that it is better to drink cider than beer if one is trying to lose weight because it doesn’t have white/wheat flour in it.)
- I feel sorry for Jada Pinkett Smith because she says she doesn’t eat for pleasure, just nourishment, to keep her physique.
- Shiraz is largely a New World wine designation.
- I’m one of those gossip-hound scumbags who really wants to read Joe Eszterhas’s book.
- I have no idea how to help a friend through a divorce-like situation from 6000km away.
- People really have no qualms about posting Mad Men spoilers in headlines. I’m still two weeks behind, but know most of what happens in those episodes, and that sucks.
- It took almost a year of painstaking/backbreaking work to get through the three sarcophagi and layers of other stuff that King Tut was buried in.
- I’m so good at procrastinating in the mornings so that I simultaneously phone in a blog entry and still manage to be running late.