I’m going to finally get back on the road after my fall last week and catch up on doing the Very Late Review for Mr Watson, so I’m not gonna create new content here (aside from to say that the whoopee pies at Auntie Loo’s are epic in both size and deliciousness).
While I wait for more coffee to brew and my iPod to charge, I will urge you to check out these things, mostly about food and booze, instead:
- Jewel Staite, of ‘Firefly’ and other fame, has a food blog called Happy Opu. She is very high on the list of ‘celebrities I want to drink with’ because a) she is very clever and funny and b) she likes her wine.
- Barnivore will tell you what boozes are vegan. This has been helpful for the last few weeks. (Sent this text to someone this week: ‘GREAT NEWS. http://www.barnivore.com/liquor/1624/Talisker-Distillery’)
- The Post Punk Kitchen is terribly handy for delicious advice for those who don’t want to eat animalia.
- This beer is about eight kinds of wrong. Portland is a weird place.
- Kenji Lopéz-Alt of the Serious Eats Food Lab (a favourite) went vegan for a month. Here are some recipes he made in that time.
- Michelin stars do not mean mouse poo isn’t a risk to your supper at these places.
- Lisa Ray was on Q this week talking about cancer and her love of life and food.
- Until this week, I had never seen this review of (long-defunct) local restaurant The Mill, but it is amazing and hilarious.
Bon appétit and happy Sunday to y’all!
I’ve almost convinced my friend Richard, who knows a thing or two about food, but is also far more clever a wordsmith than I, to write a guest post. Watch this space.