I’m going on a bit of a Facebook hiatus and toning down (somewhat) my tweeting in hopes of being a more productive writer of more substantial things. And yet? This morning, I really don’t have much to work with, and yesterday was a write-off creatively, since I opted to watch five episodes of ‘The Wire’ while taking care of cooking and cleaning things. Oops. I also threw in an episode of ‘Sherlock’ (rewatching for the third time) which made me heartachingly homesick for London (specifically the running around Soho bit in ‘A Study in Pink’).
Here are some quite interesting things to peruse (mostly lady business-related), as I don’t have a Facebook wall to share them on today.
- A clip on paper airplanes from next weekend’s QI.
- An article on how women are airbrushed out of the Saudi Arabian IKEA catalogue.
- Mother Jones has a great collection of vintage contraception ads.
‘Lost’ as a 1980s video game.
- Furore over Maclean’s top restaurants in Canada list (congrats to Play, though)
- I am glad that jerks can own up to their mistakes sometimes. Also, Balpreet Kaur is awesome.
- Leggings are not pants. Neither are bare legs. This outfit is very confusing to me, but props to your waxer?
- Here is Sarah Millican being hilarious and scaring P. Diddy and Vince Vaughn.