Slept in as much as I could this morning because of my (terrible) long run yesterday and going out to play Euchre. (I left the house to go to the pub at the time when I went to bed the previous night. Yikes.)
So, welcome to another cop-out blog. Since I’m at work already and have a pile of stuff to do, I’m going to do a long-neglected lesson/tool/whatever in writing, a brainstormed list of 10.
Right, ten things I won’t miss about summer:
- Seeing shirtless dudes wearing backpacks.
- Cicadas singing so loudly that sleep is a challenge.
- Ingrown hairs due to having to step up the grooming of lower body.
- Worrying said ingrown hairs could actually be flesh-eating bacteria.
- Lamenting that Sports Illustrated swimsuit models don’t have to worry about such things as they have personal body scrubbers/waxers/Photoshop artists.
- Not being able to curl up under a blanket to sleep.
- The lack of sweaters.
- Permanently angry face from reactions to sun and/or sunscreen.
- Feeling uncomfortable when I see 10-year-old girls wearing what are essentially booty shorts.
- Fruit flies.
Eh, not my best work, but maybe I’ll use one of these things as a jumping-off point for another writing thing.
Right, back to data entry. After that, I get to call the carpet cleaners. PARTY.