List time. I’m trying to think in lists because it’s a trivia day (a race for second place, because Paul Paquet can compete in this one).
Realisations this week:
- I’m getting to another ‘Am I of different species?’ stages. I’m delighted in my achievements about disregarding thinness as a virtue, but (almost) everyone around me is digging deeper to lose weight. It’s very frustrating. I want my friends to be happy with who they are now, not focused on something that may or may not be relevant to their health.
- My cat is starting to act old in more obvious ways, like walking upstairs pretty slowly. Maybe I can pretend that it’s just the heat making him logey a little bit longer.
- An ice cream bar is a perfectly acceptable dinner when it’s 40C with the humidex.
- This is a compelling book. I was going to read it anyway, but the Katie Holmes thing pushed it to the top of the must-read list. I’m into the 1986 coup and resulting purges right now.
- Relatedly, the timing on this movie’s release is pretty fortuitous. I can’t wait to see it.
- Short hair is much cooler, but I’m having trouble figuring how much goo I need to put in it to keep the cowlick at bay without my hair feeling grody and crunchy.
- I’m pretty sure the sub chiropractor (well, he’s a partner in the practice, just not my usual guy) is several years younger than I am. Healthcare professionals younger than I am are still a bit alarming to me, thought not as much as very youthful police officers.
- I will never be as awesome as the guys who pulled this off.
- Textbook feminists probably don’t think much of me, judging by a couple of by-proxy arguments I’ve heard of lately.
- A coffee would be nice about now, so I’m gonna go make some.